In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The video can also be output to a rewritable DVD player, although the software does not contain any specific hooks to software packages such as those made by companies like Roxio.
- DVD-RAM (DVD Random Access Memory) is the official DVD Forum-approved rewritable format.
- Maxell, for example, is planning to provide write-once and rewritable media to support RAM, RW, and + RW hardware.
- If you've just gotta have one and don't want to buy a new PC to get it, there are two ways to add a rewritable DVD to your computer.
- Toshiba's new model SDR1002 reads CDs at only 24X and records both write-once and rewritable media at what is nowadays a rather pokey 4X speed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.