transitive verbrewritten, rewrote
1(alter)volver a escribirvolver a redactarto rewrite history — enfocar la historia desde una nueva perspectiva
- In 1911 he rewrote the story as a full length novel called Peter & Wendy.
- It was like someone had rubbed out what they had written and rewrote it, but bigger.
- We had a final draft and David rewrote things based on who was cast and where we were.
- He rewrote school history curriculums to place greater emphasis on the military's historical role.
- LS helped in writing and rewriting the paper and contributed additional ideas to the manuscript.
- I first wrote it as a one-act play in Kannada and have kept on writing and rewriting it over the years.
- It took me ages to write this chapter I rewrote it 4 times because I just wasn't happy with it, it felt forced.
- I wrote in a separate journal and rewrote it into my diary when I got back.
- He begins rewriting his speech as news of the second impact, and thus suspected terrorist collusion, reaches him.
- He tried writing an opera called Leonore, but failed so he rewrote it as Fidelio.
- I was disappointed that the media covering the symposium only rewrote the press release.
- They wrote vision statements and then rewrote them, soliciting input from people inside and outside the business.
- Songs like ‘Growing With Love’ were written by Ty, but arranged in such a way that we all rewrote sections of them together in the studio.
- He sits huddled in a corner, writing his name, erasing it and rewriting it.
- I had lunch, wrote the bare bones of the piece, e-mailed it to the office, drove to HQ, and rewrote the piece.
- I wrote, edited, deleted and rewrote this post ten times already today.
- During 1920 he rewrote it and published it privately in 1922.
- Before we did anything we wrote and rewrote the script until we felt what we had got written down was a really good story.
- A reader rewrote the ending to our version of ‘Those Were the Days’.
- I just wrote a nice long e-mail to someone about a potential business deal, and I wrote it and rewrote it at three times.
2(copy out)volver a escribirescribir otra vez
1nueva versión feminineto be in rewrite(s) — estar en proceso de revisión
- before noun rewrite man — corrector de estilo