In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If synovial fluid analysis fails to identify crystals, palindromic rheumatism should be considered; this condition may progress to rheumatoid arthritis.
- A cure will be found one day, but until then my personal verdict is that age-related arthritis and rheumatism are a natural part of the human condition, and you simply have to put up with it and get about your business best you can.
- Putting cold packs on elderly people with rheumatism and arthritis just will not suffice.
- In fact, research points to benefits in the treatment of osteoarthritis, soft-tissue rheumatism, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- He emerged from his fast a changed man, free of asthma, rheumatism, and self-destructive thoughts, and he embarked on a new career as a lecturer, touting the restorative power of fasting.
- However, a tea of holly leaves has been used in the past, made by boiling one tablespoon of dried leaves in one cup of water to treat gout, stones, urinary problems, rheumatism and arthritis.
- The herb's anti-inflammatory aspirin-like chemicals mean it can also reduce fever and relieve the pain of rheumatism in muscles and joints.
- In 1853, Charcot successfully defended his doctoral thesis, presenting original work to differentiate the symptoms of gout from chronic rheumatism.
- He really is very old but, rather than becoming frail and wispy, he's stiffening with arthritis and rheumatism and all the creaks and groans that goes with these conditions, becoming rock-like, of the earth.
- In India it has been used for millennia as an insect repellent, spermicide, medicine for skin diseases, sores and rheumatism.
- I don't suffer with rheumatism or arthritis like other people my age and that's something I'm very pleased about that.
- Seaweed baths in Sligo are popular with a whole spectrum of people including fishermen and farmers for curing rheumatism, aches, pains and sore joints.
- Family never come to see me, neighbours do not speak, body aches with rheumatism and arthritis, rain 11 months of the year, high gas bills, high electric bills and food bills.
- Whether it is rejuvenation, stress relief or treatment of any ailment like arthritis, rheumatism, frozen shoulders, back pain or skin disease, Ayurveda is claimed to be most effective.
- This style is useful if many of your customers experience arthritis and rheumatism, or don't have enough range of movement in their thumb to flick open the usual tactical knife.
- An justly award-winning example of new media exists in the consultants' clinic dealing with rheumatism and other bone diseases.
- Previously, the condition was known by other names such as fibrositis, chronic muscle pain syndrome, psychogenic rheumatism and tension myalgias.
- Patients with chronic diseases, such as hepatitis B virus infection, renal failure, diabetes mellitus, or rheumatism, were excluded from the study.
- Chronic diseases such as rheumatism, arthritis, allergy and others are well known to be associated with inflammation.
- She said: ‘The exercise is very good, especially for people who suffer from arthritis and rheumatism.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.