In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Referral to specialties such as orthopaedics, rheumatology, or maxillofacial surgery was linked to the small minority of patients with pain or sensory symptoms as the initial symptom.
- There is a four year waiting list for rheumatology in the Western Health Board.
- They recruited more than 100 patients who met American College of Rheumatology criteria for fibromyalgia from referrals to a London teaching hospital's rheumatology clinic.
- On an established test of medical literacy, 15% of patients attending one hospital rheumatology clinic were found to be illiterate.
- Dr. Handelsman, a specialist in rheumatology and internal medicine, examined Ms. Mitchell in July 2001 at Dr. Chin's request.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.