In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Three pilots made goal around the 120 kilometer rhombus course.
- Across the tiled floor they saw nothing but the laughing sun's reflection through colored glass rhombuses.
- Figure 6 shows an equilateral triangle and a rhombus that circumscribe the same unit circle.
- The formula for computing the volume of a rhombus, that's something you forget.
- If I had an ounce of motivation and wasn't too insecure to kickbox in my living room with the neighbors watching, I could see this program whipping me into a shape other than a rhombus.
- I picked up an interesting sedimentary rock that was the exact shape of a rhombus.
- Close rhombuses represent the rest of the pairwise distance comparisons.
- With the help of square, rhombus, rectangle, parallelogram, trapezium, equilateral, isosceles, diamond and kite shapes the direct and indirect approaches to teach the Pythagoras Theorem and other mathematical concepts is possible.
- Through the door one could see a tremendous amount of sunlight that came into the room and landed with a segmented rhombus shape on loveseat next to a chest full of clothes.
- A week ago, Brian Woolnough and his pals forbade him constructing a rhombus out of his midfield troops.
- In Austria, it is also called ‘Raute’ which means diamond or rhombus.
- A sleek and shiny ship shaped like a rhombus with concave edges came spiraling in, then extended a large tripod and landed on the flat roof of one of the buildings.
- The unusual pieces (rhombuses and octahedrons) lend themselves to ‘outside the box‘creativity, while the pieces are easy to handle for even fumble-fingered types.
- The picture above is made up of two shapes of rhombus or rhombs - that is, ‘pushed over squares’ where each shape has all sides of the same length.
- They were a weird rhombus shape, and his irises were a mixture of pinks and creams, which Katelyn really loved.
- Within a semester, he had invented something new - a beautiful game played on a rhombus with Go stones - that instantly established his reputation as a pure mathematician.
- She was telling us about Washington Square Park, and I said ‘Actually, it's a rhombus!’
- On more than one occasion during the qualifiers Eriksson's jewel looked more like a rhombus that had slewed drunkenly.
- The panel shapes vary much more, using slanted lines, making the panels rhombuses.
- It was predominantly wooden floorboards and white walls, very open and wide spaces, and the walls downstairs, by the front hall where we stood, wore a wall-paper of some repetitive silver and black rhombus design.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.