In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1método anticonceptivo, como el de Ogino-Knaus, basado en la abstinencia sexual conforme al ciclo periódico de la mujer
- All rhythm methods have two disadvantages: they are not 100% effective and they require a lot of abstinence.
- Many of Dr Jonas' female patients were Catholics, practising the rhythm method of contraception.
- And these young men all had girlfriends on whom they practised the rhythm method with breathtaking inaccuracy.
- By now, I take it, the rhythm method of contraception must have passed out of favour.
- Popes Pius XI and XII went much further, allowing couples to take means to avoid procreation: the rhythm method or natural family planning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.