In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1arroz masculine(grower/crop) de arroz(cake/dish) de arrozbrown/white rice — arroz integral/blanco
- rice-growing area — zona arrocera
- Serve chicken with jasmine rice cooked with some lemon zest and chicken stock.
- He had five hectares of land, on which he grew rice and maize, and which was ploughed by horses.
- Barley is also an important cereal crop species ranking fourth in the world after rice, the wheats, and maize.
- So, a strong case exists for substantial de novo protein synthesis in anoxic rice coleoptiles.
- The remaining 43 % of the planted land does not involve HR rice at all.
- The main crops that are harvested for this are maize, rice, wheat, and potatoes.
- Indeed, rice coleoptiles are one of the few plant organs that can grow under anoxia.
- Add the cornflour mixed with rice wine, and bring to the boil, stirring gently until the sauce thickens.
- Avoid fatty and fried foods and stick to starchy foods like rice, potatoes and pasta.
- This indicates that similar mechanisms may trigger anther dehiscence in rice and two-rowed barley.
- A rice paddy and a small canal separated the advance platoon and the village.
- Toss the vegetables around gently in the sauce and aromatics, then serve with the coriander rice.
- Glutinous rice is grown especially for use in this traditional dessert.
- My options are plain boiled rice with soy sauce or a bowl of miso soup.
- This has been done for agronomic traits in barley and for blight resistance in chickpea and rice.
- Scatter with coriander and serve with plenty of rice and a bowl of thick Greek-style yoghurt.
- The individual grains of wheat and rice are also fruits by this definition.
- Serve this thick stew with hot cooked basmati rice.
- To turn them into a meal, serve with rice and steamed mangetout or broccoli.
- Two or three genes encode sucrose synthase isozymes in monocot species such as maize, barley, wheat, and rice.
- Other popular desserts are pastries, milk and egg pudding, and rice pudding.
- Return the scallops to the pan, season with cracked black pepper and spoon over steaming jasmine rice to serve.
- They grow rice, mostly of the dry land varieties, and vegetables in abundance.
- The vegan diet does not allow any animal products at all, only fruits, vegetables, grains, rice and pulses.
- Bread or basmati rice is traditionally served with meals.
- These results indicate that in barley, as in rice, GS2 is associated with photorespiration.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed basmati rice.
- Add the rice and blanch the grains for 5 minutes, then drain and spread out on a tray.
- The wild and weedy rice taxa were used as pollen recipients, whereas the cultivated rice was used as the pollen donor.
- The draft genome sequences for japonica and indica rice have been published recently.
- The Honglian-type hybrid rice has also been widely cultivated in China.
- She made us buttered rice flavoured with cumin, cardamom, cinnamon and Zanzibar cloves.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the shallot with olive oil, then add the curry powder and rice.
- Moreover, they tended to live near dykes designed to irrigate rice farms.
- Pasta can be made from soft wheat, durum wheat, buckwheat, rice, soya beans and mung beans.
- With the exceptions of oats and rice, the major endosperm storage proteins of all cereal grains are prolamins.
- Results presented in this study are in good agreement with those reported for other monocotyledons such as maize and rice.
- Sticky rice is eaten with the fingers, so one doesn't need dishes or silverware.
- Firni belongs to an extensive family of sweet dishes, all based on milk with rice flour or cornflour.
- Stir them into the rice with the grated Parmesan and a grinding of black pepper.
1(potatoes) pasar por el pasapurés(potatoes) pasar por la puretera River Plate
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.