In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escuela de equitación feminine
- John Marven, who twice-daily leads horses across Maypole Road from the riding school he runs at Fanners Farm, said the complex five-pronged junction would remain a worry to him even when the sign was fixed.
- Mrs Nelson runs a riding school and livery yard at Hilston, near Withernsea, with her husband, Stuart, who is joint master of the Hunsley Beacon Beagles.
- She has worked with horses and ponies for 30 years and run her own riding school and livery yard.
- Stables, livery yards and riding schools that compost muck to use as fertiliser will have to buy a permit costing up to £482.
- Licenses for all kinds of businesses, from dairies to pet food stores to horseback riding schools, now cost more money.
- Of the £155, 430 worth of business grants, the largest was towards the establishment of a new riding school at Cruan in Firth.
- ‘He was at the top of his class at the riding school in Puerto Rico and looks like he could develop into a very good rider,’ said Kevin Witte, Garcia's agent.
- Race horse trainers and riding schools in the county have been kicking up a stink about a plan by the Government to turn horse muck into brass.
- Last week, the British Horse Society warned that many riding schools, trekking centres and livery stables risked going out of business as a result of restrictions.
- Once you've done this you will have a short list of probably 2 or 3 riding schools that may suit you and your needs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.