In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1polígono de tiro masculine(at fairground) tiro al blanco masculine
- Already lined up are a rifle range, go-kart track, swimming pool and bowling alley.
- ‘Most customers who hunt have their favorite rifle range nearby,’ Evens said.
- For nearly two years, he and others built a rifle range on the flatlands outside of Shanghai, China, shoveling dirt by hand to create elevated platforms from which to fire.
- We had just finished a course of fire and my class was preparing to move to another section of the rifle range.
- There were dodgem cars, helter-skelters, waltzers, ghost trains, rifle ranges and lots more but two I remember more than most.
- She said that although just six of the 43 participants were girls, they had ‘loved it’ and shown themselves to be better than the boys on the rifle range.
- Next time you're on a rifle range back at home station, try doing some training using your iron sights along with all the other attachments.
- Major Caporn said the main aim of this training was to allow the group to qualify on the rifle range, practise training as a platoon, gain experience in patrolling and learn how to conduct themselves if fired upon.
- The memorabilia includes photographs, certificates and items like old cartridge cases found near a former rifle range near Point Moore.
- The irony of inviting an Aboriginal artist to create a work for a rifle range was not lost on Andrew.
- The initial stage is training, which is a trip to the rifle range (looking rather similar to a golf course), where, if you do well enough, you will be invited to Sniper School.
- I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.
- The competition was held at the biathlon rifle range at Whiskey Flat, near Mt Hotham, in the Victorian Alps last month.
- A pile of rusty rifles and bayonets, old stone foundations, limb moulds, a live mortar, an underground rifle range and a diesel boiler have been found on the site of the 98-year-old Drill Hall.
- People in Horwich will soon benefit from a new £150,000 community hall now that the council has secured funding to renovate a former rifle range.
- Then they headed off to the rifle range to become familiar with U.S. weapons.
- The army also noted an increase in confidence, morale, and combat effectiveness, among non-combat troops that had been given a lot of time at the rifle range, and lots of ammo to fire off there.
- Two bright scarlet lights will be installed on either end of the rifle range and a military memorial wall, presently under black plastic, will add to the historical ambience.
- Sometime in the mid 1940s an elderly man approached them, telling a story of an old rifle range on the farm, used by soldiers camped on Marsland Hill.
- There was an addition to the Cottage Hospital and a new rifle range for the Volunteer Force which had lost its previous range at Reigate Hill in 1892.
- Then there are three more standing on the side of the road and I get the feeling of what it must be to be target in a fairground rifle range.
- For non-military readers, I think the way it works is that everyone who goes through basic training has to qualify on a rifle range as able to shoot the darn thing without taking their foot off or hitting a bystander.
- Schedule complications precluded me from getting out to a proper rifle range, and thus group testing was done over sandbags and consisted of three shot groups at 50 yards.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.