In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(kick) con el pie derecho(person) diestro de pie
- However the inadequacies of his squad meant that his only alternative was to put two right-footed players on the left flank.
- With one swift motion, Dave spun back around, and with a clean right-footed roundhouse kick, he disarmed the agent of both weapons.
- Although he is right-footed, Gallardo will play on the left side of Monaco's midfield in their 4-4 - 2 at Ibrox.
- He chested it down and sent a dipping right-footed volley into the top corner.
- Thompson, naturally right-footed, had done little wrong but Potter, a left-footer, immediately gave City greater balance and more impetus going forward.
- The home side were awarded a free kick from referee Tony Walsh, which Walsh took but his curling right-footed effort from 25 yards went inches wide of the target with Samphiries keeper O'Connor beaten.
- At that age, it's a good idea to play right-footed players on the left side, to force them to use their left foot more.
- It was David, who proved to be the match hero as the midfielder struck with a brilliant right-footed strike following a superb corner kick from his brother, Patrick Kennedy.
- He can manoeuvre the ball that well you couldn't tell he was a right-footed player operating on the left wing.
- However, the second half was only four minutes old when Anthony Barden gave the Kilmac keeper Darren Mulhearne no chance whatsoever with a well struck right-footed edge of the area free kick.
- They like to put their right foot forward, because most are right-footed as well.
- Play a right-footed player on the left and his first movement is to come inside with the ball, which starts to crowd the space of other players.
- Ben Muirhead has been given the job but he is right-footed.
- James Kennedy, who signed for Hibs from Waterford Crystal saw his 25-yard right-footed free kick brilliantly tipped around the post by the veteran Falconer.
- Brendan Whelan tried his luck with a right-footed dipping volley but his effort just went wide of the target without causing keeper Derek Hearne any real problems.
- A quick break down the left led to Warren Feeney flicking the ball into the path of his strike partner, who stroked home a glorious right-footed drive into the roof of the net from 25 yards.
- By her junior year she was playing outside back on the left side - despite being naturally right-footed - before moving to the right as a senior.
- The only other chance of the opening thirty minutes arrived after 27 minutes but Philip Walsh was just off target with a well struck right-footed free kick from the edge of the penalty area.
- But footballers are much more evenly balanced and have a higher rate of mixing where the left eye might be the strongest but the player is right-handed and right-footed when kicking the ball.
- Shortly before Chelsea's first goal, Essien and Robben had set up Frank Lampard, who, perhaps unleashing all the frustration he felt after Belfast, walloped a tremendous right-footed shot against the bar.
- Eugene Doherty tried his luck with a well-struck free kick from 20 yards but his right-footed effort went wide of the target and hit the side netting.
- An incisive ball from Al Hasan Al Yami is latched on to by Al Temyat but his right-footed strike goes a foot wide of Alioum's right-hand post.
- Others, though, noting not just the speed and manner of his break, but that he was naturally left-handed and right-footed, felt that he had been destined from the womb for the scrum-half berth.
- In the last spasms of injury time, burly striker Carlton Cole, who had only just come on, raced on to a perfect long ball from the irrepressible Bowyer and strode on alone to drive his right-footed diagonal shot inside the left-hand post.
- Asked to play at left wing-back, a right-footed Maley, signed from Sunderland, never looked comfortable, fit or remotely like a former England Schoolboy captain.
- Dean O'Shea was once again involved in the action as he played a perfect pass to Peter Oliver and the Hibs player scored a cracking goal when he found the net with an excellent right-footed strike from 25 yards.
- Then on 35 minutes, Jim Bowes equalised from a 45-yard free kick with a powerful right-footed shot.
- A rare right-footed ball low in to the area from Stewart fell perfectly for Andy Bishop on 27 minutes, who gathered it at the second attempt, looked up and whipped it past Andy Woodman.
- Overall yesterday, Beckham played a confidently mature, controlled game, even though on this occasion he did not have the opportunity to drive in one of his extraordinary right-footed free kicks.
- Robert Pires causes havoc from that starting point and he's right-footed as well so Scholes knows what can be done.
- If you tend to turn counter clockwise, you're right-footed; if you prefer clockwise, you're left-footed.
- Former Waterford United player John Power tried his luck with a fine right-footed shot from the edge of the area but his effort was deflected around the post by defender Pat Dobbyn.
- Carragher is essentially a resilient centre-back and a right-footed player, but he was seldom under any kind of pressure on the left and predictably coped well enough.
- The deadlock was broken after 65 minutes when Barrow combined with Wilson on the left, and Ilkley's top scorer weaved inside Hall and surprisingly curled a right-footed shot past Gilmartin and into the far corner of the net.
- Midfielder Joey Veale tried his luck with a well struck right-footed shot from long range but he was very unlucky when seeing his effort flash inches wide of the target with Celtic keeper Brian Sweeney beaten.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.