In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1on the right-hand side — a la derecha
- in the right-hand column — en la columna de la derecha
- in the bottom right-hand corner — en el ángulo inferior derecho
- the car has right-hand drive — el coche tiene el volante a la derecha
- Do not hide prices away in the background and if your site is a larger one, put a search engine somewhere obvious, like the top right hand corner.
- His innovation was to produce universal door frames that could be hung either on the left-hand or right-hand side.
- He said he had entered the right hand carriageway to turn into Station Road and had been flashed across by other drivers.
- This would remove the possibility of me putting her in check, but I would then be in a position to capture a rook from the right hand corner of the board.
- The surgery has left the 32-year-old temporarily paralysed on the right-hand side of his body.
- Apart from two stray kicks, the Borderer was faultless in defence and in attack his dangerous outside break in the first half almost set up a try for Budge Pountney in the right hand corner.
- Many elderly people find it hard to negotiate the pavements on the right hand side of the road going from the Green down through the village.
- About five hundred yards down this lane it forks, and for those pegs around the weir you should take the right hand fork, parking near the footbridge that crosses the canal by the weir.
- Many visitors arriving at Knock International come from countries where people drive on the right hand side of the road.
- Follow the path up through a forestry plantation, keeping to the right hand or south side of the burn.
- Kieron Dyer, that star of the tabloid front pages, was first to endear himself to the Newcastle public by refusing to play on the right hand side of midfield.
- In the right hand corner you can see a model of what the original installation looked like when it was exhibited in Prague.
- He confidently stuck it away in the top right hand corner, prompting wild scenes of celebration at the 3-1 win.
- Mine is housed on the cabin's right hand bulkhead directly in front of me when steering for instant visual contact.
- Traffic in the right hand lane conceals the signage as currently positioned.
- Each one featured the full name, address and postcode of the recipient and a first class stamp in the top right hand corner.
- The cursor was sitting on the bottom left corner of the screen, so Tony fixed his eyes at a point on the top right hand corner.
- The TrackPoint is located on the upper right hand corner of the base.
- On the lower right hand corner of your screen is the latest radar as Dennis is battering now Cuba's south-central coast.
- So I ran the axis such that the best position is in the upper right hand part of the graph, and the worst position is in the lower left.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.