In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I've shared tears and anger, thoughtfulness and righteous indignation.
- Your opponent comes out, quivering with righteous indignation, spoiling for a fight.
- Today's text focuses on justification and our being made righteous before God.
- Your hatred of the poor is just bigotry, sir, however you try to dress it as righteous indignation.
- Why are you all of a sudden so righteous about taking one little smoke?
- Now picture the reaction of those Pharisees who regarded themselves as holy, righteous, and pure but who looked down on any who didn't live up to their standards of holiness.
- But an opposition leader capable of righteous anger is essential for any democratic legislature.
- Over the decades, his choice of roles has defined the perception we have of him as a decent, even righteous man of honour.
- I hope by now, you are inured to the fact that righteous indignation generates more email than gratitude.
- Most of us, Dr. Godfrey said, don't even think of ourselves as righteous.
- I strove harder to stay awake in church and be more righteous.
- He did not state that obedience to the law makes one fully righteous before God in an eschatological sense.
- Dualism is a tool of oppressors, fundamentalists and the morally righteous.
- Where is there true reward and punishment in a world where so many innocent and righteous suffer while so many evil people seem to enjoy the good life?
- Both offer the spectacle of an aggrieved man reacting with righteous rage.
- Even though we're all flawed, we expect public figures to be morally righteous.
- His righteous indignation is quite understandable.
- Abraham and Sarah trusted the same God, and they were declared righteous.
- Did you know that righteous fury and blind hate are simply two sides of the same coin?
- Please take it as read that I am the last person to think that mere numbers make a cause righteous.
2(person) recto(person) honrado
3(self-righteous)her righteous tone antagonized her colleagues — su tono de superioridad moral provocó el antagonismo de sus colegas
1the righteous — los justos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.