In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rectitud feminineto stray from the path of righteousness — apartarse del buen camino
- His life is taken as the perfect example for all to follow, and his teaching the only sure guide to righteousness.
- Sure, we have our opinion on the issues, but we don't think we have a monopoly on morality or righteousness.
- He is a good-mannered hypocrite whose tedious righteousness has driven his beloved wife away.
- During this period he is urged to earn an honest living and follow righteousness.
- Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all of these things will be added unto you.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.