In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1anular masculinededo anular masculine
- Sparkling on the ring finger of her left hand was the beautiful diamond solitaire Arthur had presented her with earlier that day.
- Colin smiled and slid the engagement ring on her left ring finger.
- He held up his left hand, palm towards him, and wiggled his ring finger.
- He wore rings on every finger, most of them silver bands, but one on his left ring finger was a large and expensive-looking blue topaz.
- I held up three fingers: my index finger, my middle finger, and my ring finger.
- She wore a piece of black lace around her throat and an expensive looking ring on her right ring finger.
- He runs his fingers along the ring finger of my left hand, tracing lines around the gold and diamond wedding band.
- She smiled and held out her hand where a huge diamond ring glittered on her ring finger.
- His left hand had a gold ring on it, on his ring finger, and both hands had fingerless black gloves.
- When he puts the ring on my ring finger I find myself crying harder because the emotion I am feeling is too strong to control.
- I can feel their eyes looking at my left ring finger in a search for a diamond or gold wedding band.
- Before he could reply, he noticed the wedding ring on her ring finger.
- Judith held out her hand to reveal a small band on her left ring finger.
- He placed a diamond engagement ring on her ring finger on her left hand.
- She held out her left hand and he could see engagement and wedding rings on her ring finger.
- He took the ring out of its box and slipped it onto her left hand ring finger, never taking his eyes away from hers.
- Manda also noticed a large diamond ring on her ring finger.
- As I hold his hand I look down and see a ring on his right ring finger.
- Then, I picked up the gold ring and placed it on my ring finger.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.