In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tono de llamada masculine
- The call-waiting facility interrupts the current call with a ringing tone to inform you there is another incoming call.
- The callers will get to hear the set piece of music instead of the usual ringing tone.
- I slammed down the receiver before I even heard the ringing tone, and all at once, I comprehended that I had made my choice.
- As he leaned over the low brick walls, he punched in a now-familiar number and listened to the dull ringing tone.
- In desperation I rang the local police at Hovingham where a woman answered and put me through to a police crime report section, but this too only responded with a ringing tone.
- Finally Craig's answer machine cut off the ringing tone.
- He stated that he had phoned on the Wednesday night and throughout the Thursday and that on all occasions the phone was either engaged or he just got a ringing tone.
- Dialing the numbers, she raised the phone to her ear and listened to the ringing tone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.