In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de ínfima categoría US informal(street) sórdido(street) cutre Spain informal
- While this is unlikely to be an issue for many viewers, this type of sloppy encoding makes the DVD feel rushed and rinky-dink certainly not up to the standards of a studio that has more than enough resources to produce a better product.
- Danny's handing out rinky-dink rhinestone necklaces.
- I pull into this rinky-dink gas station.
- With a good DVD offering 5.1 surround sound, the experience is as about as good as our rinky-dink local half-plex theater.
- Why get so worked up over a rinky-dink league that most people aren't watching any way?
- About six weeks after the commencement ceremony, I found myself hitching a ride with Jimmy and the folks over to the bus station; convinced I had a greater destiny than wasting my life in the little rinky-dink town I'd been born in.
- Prices are lower than on the main website, with typical high bids including £181 for three nights in a luxury Brighton hotel and just seven quid for a brand new pair of rinky-dink sunglasses.
- To hell with these rinky-dink laminated badges, we need capes.
- He wears a rinky-dink little pigtail and looks like a baby-faced Russian farm boy.
- Why was George so interested in the history of economic thought that he was willing to devote a substantial amount of his time and energy to helping a new, struggling, rinky-dink journal get on its feet?
- What's with the rinky-dink picture that is far too small to actually show you what your changes are going to look like?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.