In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ruido del tráfico masculine
- This feeling is enhanced by the well planned use of insulation to keep road noise at bay.
- This was particularly true of road noise, where certain surface types produced noticeable noise and passing traffic could be heard.
- Its double-joint spring strut front axle is made completely of aluminium, minimising the unsprung mass of the car and reducing road noise.
- Under normal driving conditions, when you are dealing with typical road noise, you won't even notice them.
- Its roof is a new precast concrete shell, giving mass to counteract airborne road noise.
- This makes the road dangerous for road users, pedestrians and schoolchildren and also creates high levels of road noise.
- On the road, this car was comfortable and quiet with little road noise coming through.
- Wind and road noise are well suppressed in general, but on certain surfaces tyre noise can become quite loud.
- Apart from the exhaust testing, the Eurotype facility has a test track which will be used to test the road noise of vehicles for export.
- Luxury-car buyers are accustomed to the supreme quiet of a cabin that's well insulated from wind and road noise.
- The resurfacing will improve the safety of the road with a new skid resistant surface and reduced road noise.
- It is a hot sunny Saturday, drowsy and quiet, with many of those typically muffled summer sounds, of distant road noise, children playing somewhere, birds singing etc.
- He had the radio set on a classic rock station, with the volume raised just enough to filter out the road noise.
- In this case, tyre and road noise are the culprits, with particularly noticeable road noise coming from the back of the car.
- The ash is part of a group of trees between the road and the gardens, which provides a very effective barrier to road noise.
- Both wind and road noise are effectively suppressed.
- There's no hint of trembling or vibration and the road noise is minimal.
- In second gear, engine and road noise drowned out the stereo.
- This refinement was spoiled in the case of the test car by road noise coming from the rear of the vehicle and some wind noise from the driver's door.
- While there is a mite more road noise than usual the ride is commendably comfortable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.