In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prueba de carretera feminine
- As regular readers will know, I do not believe in writing up road tests on vehicles driven round the block from the local dealership!
- The Daewoo may strike some as a little expensive but it is a good package, especially in aftersales service, and it has done well on the various road tests.
- From my own search diligence, I have read several reviews and road tests.
- This week's road tests are of two cars that I would just love to sit in, but the number of ‘test’ Maserati's in this country tend to be few and far between!
- After receiving government approval this month, the carmaker has begun public road tests of its X-Trail FCV, a hydrogen powered fuel cell vehicle.
- So far, no accidents have occurred because of the defect, which road tests have found was aggravated when the car travels at high speeds on rough roads.
- Paul say consumers should beware of these ratings because they are based on lab tests, not road tests.
- This website not only provides a guide to the prices that you should pay, but also details of road tests, potential problems and the price of parts.
- When the time comes every five years or so for these people to buy a new car, they don't trouble themselves with reading road tests, trawling through brochures or comparing prices.
- Information from the road tests will allow you to zero in on which of the vehicles discussed above will be the best for you.
- It is the tiny but manoeuvrable two-door Goggomobil - made in Germany by Hans Glas Limited - which began road tests in East London yesterday.
- It's an unusual feeling to get out of a full-sized, heavy-duty crew cab pick-up after a road test and find the old minivan annoyingly cumbersome to park.
- The car is also winning accolades and group road tests in top European motoring magazines such as auto motor und sport in Germany.
- The car looks great from all angles and has won praise in road tests for having good grip and handling characteristics.
- Both are competitively priced, well built and have done well on road tests.
- John is the very witty and outspoken scribe from Down-under who contributes some road tests for our Automania column.
- Many motoring magazines are to blame for this fairly recent phenomenon of lights misuse, showing road tests of new cars with all lights ablaze.
1(vehicle) someter a una prueba de carretera
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.