In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persona encargada de transportar y montar el equipo de un grupo musical en gira
- Playing this sort of music did nothing to bring me towards liking pop but that all changed when I got a job as a roadie for Johnny Dankworth's big band.
- Around the campfire, the roadies told tales of their past adventures with the Dolls in Louisiana.
- Soft-spoken guitar tuner and roadie Mitch longs to be a guitar player and to have some of the perks of the obnoxious guitar idol he works for.
- I liked being a roadie and I had made some amazing friends over the past four years.
- It features extensive interviews with the four original Ramones, and the three others who came later, along with great concert footage and comments from fans, roadies, family, and other musicians.
- William spends most of the movie chasing his interview, encountering a colorful crew of roadies, rockers, and groupies - pardon, ‘band aids.’
- This absolutely worthless look at the ant-like endeavors of the roadies as they strive to erect the sprawling sets is mind-bogglingly dull and unimpressive.
- A roadie ran on with another mic so then I was holding two mics taped together and I wasn't really sure which one to sing into.
- I have this theory about roadies and headlining bands: If a roadie walks across the stage, it's at least two minutes before the band go on.
- The regular gripe about multi-band events is often the fact that set-up times are almost as long as the sets themselves, which is where the most efficient team of roadies I've seen in a long time come into play.
- As the roadies began setting up Pearl Jam's gear, I spent the down time checking out the crowd.
- Smitten, Travis hopes to win Lola's affections by heading cross country with her in a traveling rock band as their number one roadie!
- As we settle into our exclusive boxes, the roadies are setting up and testing the instruments.
- As a swarm of roadies toiled about with their pre-show set-up, a revolutionary thought crossed my mind.
- In addition to the normal guitars, drums etc, roadies also brought out a number of tree branches, which were dotted liberally around the stage, giving it a pastoral feel.
- One night, the band ordered some Indian food and a whole bunch of it spilled on the floor and I asked the roadies to please clean it up.
- He was a sweet guy, a great roadie, and nice to have around when it came time to get paid.
- As roadies quickly ran through soundchecks, rabid fans began chanting ‘Sam!’
- After a prolonged break allowing the roadies time to set the distortion pedals to full power, the Foo Fighters finally took to the stage.
- She used to be a roadie for a rock band and a biker.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.