In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coche de dos plazas sin capota
- More retro than futuristic, it's a car in the style of the great two-seater roadsters of the past, with more than a passing nod to the fabulous BMW 507 from the 1950s.
- In Renault's Wind concept roadster, the steering wheel and pedals fold away when the door is opened.
- It's puzzling why so many offshore nameplates have successfully brought roadsters to the North American market while domestic automakers stood by and watched the fun from afar.
- Our renewed love affair with open-air motoring coincided with the explosion in pretty two-seat roadsters.
- Like most roadsters, storage space is at a bit of a premium, so there are nets here and there, various bins and boxes, all reflecting the compact nature of the car itself.
- I gave him the passenger seat in my Morgan roadster, put the top down so he could sit up and see the sights, then drove him home each day.
- It's one of the most exciting roadsters to come along in years - a toy but one that grown ups can play with.
- The car has been criticised for having ride and roadholding compromised by the flexible nature of the body - a common problem with roadsters.
- Cadillac's 1999 concept car is spawning a luxury roadster for 2003.
- Modeled after British roadsters, the Miata MX - 5 is less about muscle than about being a quick and nimble extension of you.
- This spring, BMW plans to reintroduce the Mini Cooper, a classically designed roadster with fun and style as its main themes.
- Now, renters will receive even greater savings with $75 off long-term rentals of convertibles or roadsters for thirty days or longer.
- We sit backed up in traffic behind Range Rovers, BMW roadsters and other upscale cars headed to the new ferry terminal connecting northern Jersey and lower Manhattan.
- Surprisingly, the bulk of these launches will be for niche models, such as small and compact people carriers, sports utility vehicles, coupes, convertibles and sports roadsters.
- There are four types of concept cars: roadsters (which you must start building first), sports cars, super cars, and the dream cars.
- Forget your zippy roadsters, your perky hybrids, your family sedans, your humble pickup trucks - to qualify for this tax break, your road machine has to be bigger than big.
- Aficionados complained that the previous model shared too much with Porsche's entry-level roadster, the $42, 600 and up Boxster.
- This is the latest incarnation in a range of easily driven British roadsters dating back to the sixties.
- The following year, Saturn will likely roll out a small sports car built on the same platform as the new Pontiac Solstice roadster, but styled in Europe.
- It was a stirring creation - a two-tone, metallic-blue convertible roadster that reeked of power and dash.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.