In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1robo masculineasalto masculineI'm not paying two hundred: it's sheer / daylight robbery! — no pienso pagar doscientos, es un auténtico robo
- Instead of being a two-bit con man, he became a bank robber, pulling off more than 25 robberies, sometimes two in one day.
- The story concerns a criminal gang called The Vampires, mysterious and resourceful, that terrorizes France with a succession of swindles, robberies, and murders.
- Players who had built virtual world empires were experiencing virtual world crime - online muggings and robberies in effect.
- She has been framed by the gangsters and is wanted for several armed robberies.
- As a child, he runs wild with his father and acts as an accomplice during various house robberies.
- England and Wales already have the highest levels of burglaries, car thefts, assaults and robberies in the industrialised world.
- A pair of London hoodlums, rejected by the established criminal set, execute a spate of robberies which finally results in the death of a policeman.
- The extended takes during the robberies allow us to live with the characters for a few minutes, see into their tension, precision, and euphoria.
- He plans the first robbery in Venice, which involves the theft of gold ingots worth $35 million.
- A taciturn man, Olivier still grieves for his son, who was murdered during an attempted car robbery some years before.
- Together, they begin a series of train robberies that makes them famous throughout the South.
- We had burglaries and robberies and car prowls and thefts and domestic violence cases that to my way of thinking deserved much higher priority.
- As he learns, the murders were a cover up for the diamond robbery that took place that night.
- Something tells me that the federal sentencing standards are tougher on Post Office robberies than supermarket stick-ups.
- Other extras that should have been included are more actual footage of the event, a look at the weapons used, and perhaps a look at the boldest bank robberies ever.
- Along with his gang of loyal criminals, he commits daring daylight robberies and elaborate heists that anger the police while stirring the public's imagination.
- I do indeed find political aspects to some robberies, but note that most were not directed against symbolic targets.
- He suggests that the Balestreros find proof-positive alibis for their whereabouts during all of the robberies Manny has been accused of committing.
- Sadly, there are no bar fights, bank robberies or jailbreaks in this film.
- The result was a one-third reduction in the number of robberies and a general diminution of other anti-social incidents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.