In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I've been hanging around at Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Institute, the largest center for robotics in the world, watching these guys build and test robots.
- No doubt it benefits by twelve years of advancement, not only in computer graphics, but also in robotics technology.
- They have devised a system of robotics in which welding, riveting and beam placement are carried out by a few computer operators rather than by gangs of construction workers.
- They found cheap labor abroad, and by the use of robotics and digital technology blocked the labor movements as well as lowered wages.
- In addition to an efficient drying system that produces instantized whey proteins, the plant uses robotics extensively in its cheese and whey packaging systems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.