In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The workshop covered an overview of ISRO programmes, rocketry and applications of space science and technology.
- Independent India has made spectacular advances in rocketry and space science, making the country a force to reckon with, both during peace-time and during war.
- Arnold went on to foster the development of such transformational innovations as jet aircraft, rocketry, and supersonic flight.
- The presenters are both French engineers who spend their spare time teaching the arts of rocketry and robotics.
- Three important developments during the first half of the twentieth century laid the foundation for both modern rocketry and careers within the field.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.