In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estado villano masculine
- It is hard to imagine a more prudent form of prevention than this program to keep terrorists and rogue states from getting hold of the leftover Soviet arsenal.
- The commissioner said it was not known whether weapons of mass destruction were falling into the hands of terrorists from rogue states.
- Cuba has provided dual-use biotechnology to other rogue states.
- The fact is that the war critics have nothing to offer on the single most urgent issue of our time - rogue states in pursuit of weapons of mass destruction.
- In the future, and likelier than not, democratic regimes will be pitted against totalitarian regimes or leaders in "rogue states."
- These weapons may also allow these states to attempt to blackmail the United States and our allies to prevent us from deterring or repelling the aggressive behavior of rogue states.
- All this in a world where the biggest problem comes from terrorists and rogue states for whom treaties are meaningless.
- Rogue states on Europe's periphery pose potential threats to European interests as much as or more than to U.S. interests.
- The dominant powers of the time - the US, Britain and Russia - saw Germany as a ' rogue state ' which must be crushed.
- None of the so-called "rogue states" (Iran, Iraq, North Korea, etc) have any capacity what-so-ever to threaten the US.
- No combination of world powers has been able or willing to hold this rogue state accountable for its transgressions.
- A nuclear North Korea rogue states are terrorists armed with dirty nukes.
- Experts warn the base's use for the US missile defence system will make it a target for "rogue states" or terrorists.
- The governor is a proponent of early deployment of missile defenses to meet the threat that is emerging and growing from rogue states.
- The danger of nukes falling into wrong hands or being smuggled to other rogues states is an over increasing reality.
- The test sparked political outrage worldwide and heightened fears that the rogue state was close to becoming a nuclear power.
- If nuclear attack by a rogue state were a real danger, it would be logical to develop a broad international response.
- Rogue states are dwindling in number and are weakened by flawed economic policies, isolation, and illegitimacy.
- National missile defense is very useful against rogue states or inadvertent launches by more responsible powers.
- More significantly, it first thrust the United States into the unsought role of enforcer of international law against rogue states in league with terrorists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.