In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cama rodante femininecama con ruedas feminine
- It's not a real bed, just a rollaway bed the landlord lent us until my mother buys new furniture.
- I lay on the green rollaway cot on the floor beside her.
- Finally, when everything was done, Kouki collapsed on the rollaway with a contented sigh.
- You could squeeze 4 or 5 at a time into a hotel room - 2 in each bed plus a rollaway bed (which could be an extra charge).
- Nathan was snoring, and Amber had taken over the second rollaway bed, pretending to be asleep.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.