In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of debt)refinanciación femininebefore noun rollover credit — crédito refinanciable masculine
- This includes after-tax amounts, provided these amounts are transacted as direct rollovers.
- He declined to comment on the two individual debt rollovers.
- Of course, before you elect to roll over amounts to your new employer's retirement plan, check with the plan administrator that the plan has been designed to accept rollovers.
- One concern is that if the terminated plan had a disqualifying defect, any plan that accepts its rollovers runs the risk of being disqualified as well.
- He was about to roll his IRA rollover into a new profit-sharing plan from his new business venture.
- Should you later decide to roll over assets you received as an indirect rollover, you may either roll over the amount you received or roll over the total amount distributed.
- An employee may avoid the 20% withholding if the distribution is processed as a direct rollover to a Traditional IRA.
- But the company said the amount represented the rollover of a loan which was not part of turnover.
- The main advantage of a rollover is that you usually get more investment choices and better control over your savings.
- This division is treated as a non-taxable transaction, which could be a transfer or rollover, depending on the financial institution.
- If you miss the deadline because your financial institution bungled the rollover, you may be eligible for an automatic waiver, which means you don't have to apply for relief.
- The 6% excise tax may also apply to ineligible rollovers unless they are corrected in a timely manner.
- When the business floats later this month, she and work partner will be rich beyond the dreams of even a rollover lottery winner.
- To ensure that rollovers would push the jackpots even higher, they made the game ridiculously hard to win.
- The Lottery system is designed to have lots of rollovers, large jackpots, and single winners.
- She had never won anything in her life, so it's safe to say she was surprised when she scooped the rollover jackpot.
- That was when the jackpot began the first of its nine rollovers and steadily grew up to €115m.
- Sedans, in contrast, have a much lower rollover risk, making them the safest vehicles in most cases.
- The vehicle offers numerous safety options, including rollover sensors, side curtain air bags, and electronic stability control.
- He, who was also killed that day, had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia five years previously after sustaining a serious head injury resulting from a rollover car accident, according to family members.
- Specifically the increase has been in single-vehicle run-off-road crashes such as rollovers or impacts with fixed objects.
- Meanwhile, there are 10, 500 rollover deaths each year in automobile accidents, almost a third of the total.
- He has survived two major wars, 16 drunk driving accidents, 3 tractor rollovers, and getting stabbed in the face by an angry ex-wife.
- The theory ignores the fact that SUVs present significant rollover risk in accidents, making them just as dangerous overall as passenger cars.
- Emergency swerves to avoid a crash can themselves lead to rollover accidents.
- The standard Roll Stability Control system prevents or decreases the likelihood of rollovers by managing throttle and brakes to induce understeer.
- The main reason is that SUVs carry a high risk of rollover; 62 percent of SUV deaths in 2000 occurred in rollover accidents.
2(in lottery)pozo mbote masculinebefore noun rollover jackpot — pozo acumulativo masculine
3informal(of vehicle)vuelco masculine
cambio de imagen al pasar el puntero del ratón por encima
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.