In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1compañero de habitación masculinecompañera de habitación femininecompañero de cuarto masculinecompañera de cuarto feminine
- We're roomies, of course, I feel safer knowing that Mattie's around rather than me in a house all by myself.
- When mom gets jailed indefinitely for drugs, the uncle and kid, forced to be roomies, adjust uneasily to each other's lifestyle, come to understand one another, and finally become inseparable.
- I can't wait to find out how my new roomie will torment me.
- Doug came around to help move some of the roomies out.
- What if everyone agrees (in writing) that if they miss a chore and don't discuss it in advance with the roomies, they have to contribute another $5 to the rent (or buy everyone beer or dinner).
- I can at least count on my roomies to say something if I start to stink.
- ‘I'll be at Jackie's place until I get my own or find a roomie,’ I explained.
- Like, there's no way to feel good when your two roomies are in romantic relationships, under your nose, and you're not.
- Nicole and I are roomies, and I'm a senior, too,’ said another girl getting out of the desk chair.
- We planned on going to college together, and we would be roomies.
- We just became roomies and already you're not speaking to me.
- In the meantime, they supposedly can't afford any raises larger than the recent whopping 4% one, and I am so broke I just had to borrow money from one of my roomies to make it to the next payday.
- Before we decided to be roomies, we agreed to have dates not sleep over.
- However, you will be able to fill out a personal profile, which they will use to create matches with like-minded potential roomies.
- He's been my best friend for years, and we used to be roomies.
- Each of his roomies has a different perspective on college life.
- As I was just lying there thinking such thoughts, the door to the room opened and in came our roomies, the brother and sister duo.
- But then no one caught us sneaking into the hotel that morning, either, and my roomies weren't going to rat on me, since some of them may have been guilty of some other infraction.
- One thing that is important to consider are the many qualities of a compatible roomie.
- I suppose I better be getting home, my roomies might be wondering where I am.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.