In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estafa femininetimo masculine informal
- The facts of these matters and the rorts around them are now part of public record.
- In August 1999 a firm represented on a State Government committee investigating real estate rorts was accused of being part of the problem.
- But ask any long-term employee and a cascade of rorts, real and imagined, come tumbling out.
- They see political entitlements with too many rorts and too much feather-bedding.
- They set up a fake company that appeals to greedy businessmen keen for a rort and the race is on.
- With all the travel rorts and credit card misuses by politicians and high officials that have been exposed in recent times, this further instance of ripping off the taxpayer was sure to ignite public opinion.
- Today I've decided to take a look at some of these rip-offs and rorts, and to invite readers to submit their own observations and opinions by way of the forums.
- It is possible to win by addressing these issues openly and honesty as Peter Beattie did in Queensland with the electoral rorts affair.
- One of Australia's biggest rorts is a politician's superannuation.
- What MPs have done is legislate a tax rort for themselves.
- They seem to be able to find money to waste on rorts and subsidising big business but yet we still have waiting lists in hospitals.
1valerse de artimañas
1(ballot/records) amañar Mexico informal(records/ballot) arreglar Mexico informal(ballot/records) trinquetear Mexico informal(system) explotar(system) sacarle el jugo athey rort the benefit system — explotan / le sacan el jugo al sistema de la seguridad social
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.