In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also duty rosterlista de turnos feminine
- Let's brake for lunch and I'll give you your duty roster for the rest of the week when you get back.
- Lydia expertly fielded their questions about staffing and even started a very specific duty roster.
- Just changing staff rosters caused the airline to suffer some embarrassing and well-publicised delays over the summer.
- After looking at his duty roster, Blackstone headed down to the docking bay to check out the fighter he'd been assigned.
- It quoted a spokesman as saying that the company's initial investigation showed that there was a mix-up in the duty roster.
- Hornblower stayed busy writing in the log, checking the chart, reviewing the new duty roster prepared to keep the ship in a state of alert.
- The assigning judge would not be criminally responsible for having failed for ex hypothesi bad reasons to carry out the duty of constructing a roster, including all colleagues.
- To save money, the U.S. has pared its roster of active-duty troops by 32%, to 1.5 million, since 1991.
- Its events already laid out on the duty roster in his head, he returned to his cabin and was soon fast asleep.
- As quickly as his enfeebled muscles would allow, he made his way to what seemed to be the front of the room, and checked the giant roster for his schedule.
- ‘The strike will go ahead from Friday if the company continues to implement these rosters without discussion,’ he warned.
- You'll have to have a chores roster, but it'll work really well.
- Hornblower sat at the small table and pulled out his log, the duty roster, and noted on all the different items that would need seeing to in the coming days.
- So here's what's going to happen, either you explain your actions today, or you'll both be stricken off of the active duty roster.
- The Sergeant said this while handing over the duty roster.
- The value won't initially be gained from in-air sales: crew will be able to collect email, notices, duty rosters and so on automatically when they walk into the crew room.
- On your datapads is a copy of the Flight roster and your individual designations.
- Work out a roster of who is on duty on what day and time.
- To his left, in the passenger seat, his trustworthy adjutant read the mission roster.
- Mr. Kennedy is back in his cabin, but still off the duty roster.
1he's rostered for Wednesday afternoon — le toca trabajar / está de turno el miércoles por la tarde
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.