In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We annoyed the neighbours with a borrowed rotavator at the weekend instead of employing someone to do it all for us on a weekday.
- We have been able to come up with an old tractor with a bucket that moves the materials, and we also have a rotovator with which we can mix the materials.
- It would also extend finance up to 90 per cent on tractor-operated implements such as trailer, cultivator, rotovator, front-end dozer and loaders.
- He said that it was felt that some of the implements like rotavators and bed planters being very costly, were not within the reach of the farmer.
- I hired a rotavator and got last year's pig pen turned over ready for the sowing of seeds starting next month.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.