In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Players at the hotel's casino can choose from four gambling tables, three of them for card games and one for roulette.
- Jean, a young man who works as a bank clerk, is invited to the casino by a friend and promptly wins big at roulette.
- The site offers slots, roulette and animated card games including poker and blackjack.
- It is one of the best resources for isolating some of the earliest refinements by cheats for shooting craps and for cheating at roulette.
- Risk, he argued, was a randomness - as in a game of roulette - whose probability could be determined.
- There are five information-packed little sections on roulette.
- The artist was famous, of course, for his preoccupation with chess and roulette.
- Roulette is the most popular game in Europe; where there is only one zero on the wheel, and the player's money lasts longer.
- Some 1800 people have registered for online roulette from the casino since the service opened in July.
- Explaining that he'd been playing roulette, his wife asked how he did.
- Day after day, he loses at poker, he loses at roulette, and he loses in life - for he's now addicted to heroin.
- It was pretty much an all night event at a recreation center that had ping-pong, racquetball, casino games like blackjack and roulette, and basketball courts.
- Gaming tables, electronic roulette and rows of Las Vegas-style slots fill the casino floor, divided into smoking and non-smoking areas.
- The book does provide reasonable introductions to several casino games, such as roulette, craps, and baccarat.
- In a game of roulette, assuming the wheel is fairly balanced, you might say that the past results show that you can't tell what's coming next.
- Do not assume you will ever be a winner in the long run at negative expectation games (e.g., craps, roulette, baccarat, keno, most slots).
- Blackjack is the only game in town, because unlike roulette or craps, what has gone before will influence what is about to happen.
- Were this to be your goal, roulette could still be your game but an alternate approach would be appropriate.
- New fixed-odds terminals featuring a number of games including roulette were named as the driving force of recent growth at the group's 2,000 betting shops.
- His books on blackjack, roulette, video poker, craps, slots and new games are consistently on the most-requested books lists of Ingram and other distributors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.