In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Day after day, he loses at poker, he loses at roulette, and he loses in life - for he's now addicted to heroin.
- Gaming tables, electronic roulette and rows of Las Vegas-style slots fill the casino floor, divided into smoking and non-smoking areas.
- Blackjack is the only game in town, because unlike roulette or craps, what has gone before will influence what is about to happen.
- Risk, he argued, was a randomness - as in a game of roulette - whose probability could be determined.
- Explaining that he'd been playing roulette, his wife asked how he did.
- New fixed-odds terminals featuring a number of games including roulette were named as the driving force of recent growth at the group's 2,000 betting shops.
- The site offers slots, roulette and animated card games including poker and blackjack.
- The book does provide reasonable introductions to several casino games, such as roulette, craps, and baccarat.
- Players at the hotel's casino can choose from four gambling tables, three of them for card games and one for roulette.
- Jean, a young man who works as a bank clerk, is invited to the casino by a friend and promptly wins big at roulette.
- In a game of roulette, assuming the wheel is fairly balanced, you might say that the past results show that you can't tell what's coming next.
- Roulette is the most popular game in Europe; where there is only one zero on the wheel, and the player's money lasts longer.
- It is one of the best resources for isolating some of the earliest refinements by cheats for shooting craps and for cheating at roulette.
- Some 1800 people have registered for online roulette from the casino since the service opened in July.
- The artist was famous, of course, for his preoccupation with chess and roulette.
- Do not assume you will ever be a winner in the long run at negative expectation games (e.g., craps, roulette, baccarat, keno, most slots).
- It was pretty much an all night event at a recreation center that had ping-pong, racquetball, casino games like blackjack and roulette, and basketball courts.
- Were this to be your goal, roulette could still be your game but an alternate approach would be appropriate.
- His books on blackjack, roulette, video poker, craps, slots and new games are consistently on the most-requested books lists of Ingram and other distributors.
- There are five information-packed little sections on roulette.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.