1(petition, protest)petición o protesta colectiva en la cual los nombres de los firmantes forman un círculo
- We don't want round robins, we want the letters to be personal letters saying why the decision over Metrolink is bad news for you, for your business, your family or your job.
2(circular, memo)circular feminine
3US(tournament)(en el que cada participante se enfrenta con cada uno de los demás) torneo masculine
- These were run as round robins, in which each competitor wrestled all the other competitors in their division.
- For some reason the organizers have again kept the tradition with a seven-player field in the double round-robin tournament.
- A round-robin event that pits 16 fighters against one another in a winner take all match-up, it's a quick way to change identities and meet a couple of random opponents to win a belt.
- This year's event will be a six-player double round-robin.
- The Tennis Challenge - a round-robin, doubles competition - caters to players of all levels.
- He decided to ‘do something about it,’ by organizing a Category 10 round-robin tournament at the famed Marshall Chess Club in New York.
- There will be round robins in each pool, with the winners playing each other for 1st place and the losers playing each other for 7th place.
- The play is round-robin, with all points being worth two after all teams have played once.
- We're not talking about an open tournament here, we're discussing an elite round robin event consisting of all the world's finest players.
- This is to be expected when six top players prepare in-depth for each other in this double round robin event, regarded as the ‘Wimbledon of Chess’.
- When the roads were snowed over and street hockey was out of the question we played this from dawn to dusk in massive round-robin tournaments.
- After that, there's tennis aerobics and yoga, exhibition matches and round robins.
- Slick Swiss syndicate Alinghi finished first after the round robins and will sail defending Louis Vuitton Cup challengers champions Prada of Italy in the quarter-finals.
- Throw in all the illegal bets made with bookies and on private wagers, and it adds up to an estimated $4.5 billion laid out on the annual round robin.
- Because we consider only round-robin matches, and thus omit semi-finals and finals, there are no constrained observations in the sample.
- My opponent, the defending champion, was the top-rated player and I was number two in the 6-player round robin.
- The challengers series begins next Tuesday with two round robins involving all nine challengers, where each win is one point.
- To capture changes in interest over the course of the competition, the variable SEAS is defined as the number of games left in round-robin play.
- We found ourselves frustrated by the wide range of skill levels all thrown into one round-robin tournament.
- He suffered an initial setback in his quest to wrest the crown from the Soviets when he came fourth with a final score of 14/27 in the quadruple round-robin tournament.