In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1marcha de entrenamiento feminine
- About 1,000 feet below us there was a squad of soldiers on a mountain route march.
- Training should be progressive, starting with light physical exertion followed by route marches and mountain climbing, culminating in test exercises in difficult terrain.
- Hot, tired and hungry, they navigated a route march in searing 40 degrees heat.
- The end of training is usually marked by some arduous task such as the stretcher march or a gruelling final route march, which are perceived as necessary rites-of-passage.
- He recalls that the most difficult part of his training was a 20-mile route march with backpack in December 1989 during basic training in Oklahoma.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.