In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Sportremo masculinebefore noun rowing club — club de remo masculine
- Soon the planned rowing lake at Willington will be a reality and rowing can continue to flourish in the area.
- Pupils tell me, with great enthusiasm, of rowing, chess, horse-riding, judo, fly-fishing, clay-pigeon shooting, badminton and a host of other activities.
- Stress fractures of the ribs occur in sports such as rowing.
- The activities most enjoyed by the scouts were the water sports, such as snorkeling and rowing.
- He always had a boat and loved rowing down to Bartra Island and camping out before the advent of the petrol engine.
- The club has a five-year development plan to achieve a high level of community involvement, in order to become self-sustaining as a regional centre for the sport of rowing.
- His sporting interests include rowing and basketball and he intends to seek a career in charity work.
- Hurd is only in his second year of rowing and continues to make remarkable gains.
- The very characteristics that make a good rowboat make a poor one for outboard motors, which explains a lot about why rowing is not the popular recreation it once was.
- The club, established in 1972, feels that with this new boat, rowing is on a firm footing locally for many years to come.
- We had Wednesday afternoons off to play sport, which was rowing in the summer and rugby in the winter.
- Most athletes do not pick up the sport of rowing until university.
- People are invited to go along and learn how to care for boats and try rowing.
- Swimming, biking and rowing are good cross-training alternatives.
- Bedford's most famous sports are athletics and rowing.
- The unique event consists of competitors starting from St. Mullins and rowing 12 miles to New Ross; traditionally considered one of the hardest events in Irish rowing.
- Spurred on by a personal challenge to conquer the lake, coupled with a lifelong love of rowing and also a desire to raise funds for charity, Ian set off on his journey over the last two weeks in July of this year.
- Youth rowing has always been a feature of Carlow Regatta.
- But it was when she and her husband Neil took up indoor rowing that she found she had an exceptional talent and about two years ago she began to get serious about competing at it.
- Popular water sports include swimming, rowing, and sailing, and many Swedes also enjoy cycling.
2(quarrelling) peleas feminine(quarrelling) riñas feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.