- For the energetic, pedal boats, rowing boats, canoes and rafts, will be available for hire throughout the weekend.
- University students in a rowing boat were put in danger, and houseboats were set rocking so violently that one damaged its moorings.
- The exploration party consisted of ten men, and their means of transport was four small rowing boats.
- In a yacht you can turn into a storm and beat away, but you can't do that in a rowing boat!
- The rowing boat is honeycombed with storage lockers under its strengthened decks.
- Deckchairs and rowing boats were stowed away, seafront cafés battened down and all the amusements boarded up.
- On both lakes you can rent rowing boats and Canadian canoes, and spend the day on the water, fishing.
- Gale force winds and strong tides sank a rowing boat on the Thames on Sunday.
- A trio of traditional Venetian rowing boats will make their way down the Thames to Richmond on Monday afternoon.
- On the River Thames near London, 11 rowers had to be rescued after their rowing boats were swamped by huge waves and nearly sank.
- The house owner has fishing rights and the right to use a rowing boat.
- The rowing boats will be available during every day of the Easter holidays from noon to 6pm and later if the weather permits.
- On the shores of the lake, rowing boats and steamers offer visitors to Bowness the chance to escape from the summertime crowds and allow spectacular panoramas of the distant fells.
- I would appeal to all jet skiers to give sailboats, sailboards, rowing boats and swimmers a wide berth.
- My great grandfather hired out rowing boats at Bowness Bay and Lakeside.
- The lifeboat was an open rowing boat manned by local volunteers clad in oilskins.
- These days the ferry is just a rowing boat which takes roughly seven people at a time.
- There's also a chance of getting out on to the water if you'd like to, with rowing boats for hire and a cross-lake ferry service that visits the shore near Lodore Wood and Fawe Park on the west shore.
- Lifeboats - most of them rowing boats - came from 40 miles around and pulled many of the nurses and crew from the disintegrating wreck, performing incredible deeds of bravery in the pitch-dark.
- Built of English oak and Cornish elm, they are traditionally designed and locally built rowing boats originally used to deliver pilots to incoming merchant ships.