1(substance)goma femininecaucho masculinehule masculine Mexicorubber check / (British) cheque — chirimoyo masculine Chile informal
- rubber dinghy — bote neumático / inflable
- rubber goods — artículos de goma
- rubber plantation — plantación (de árboles) de hule
- You should wear eye goggles, a mask over your nose and mouth, and rubber or latex gloves.
- Wear shoes with soft leather tops and flexible crepe or foam rubber soles.
- Mikki was explaining the details while messing about with a small electric pump and ten feet of black rubber tubing.
- Often, parents or caregivers are not aware of the risk of sensitivity to natural rubber latex.
- The company specializes in handcrafted, original woodblock rubber stamps.
- I fixed it with rubber elastic bands to reduce vibrations and noise.
- The range mats are made of hard black rubber strips that resemble the insides of tires.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the oats, apricots, and pistachios.
- Many of those rescued had been blown out to sea on rubber dinghies.
- You can have any message stamped over the rubber band bracelets, or designs crafted on them.
- I use synthetic rubber almost exclusively, and it's certainly soft and pliable.
- One advantage of this material is that it is more resistant to alcohols than natural rubber latex and vinyl.
- To avoid rounding over the corners use a hard rubber or wooden sanding block, not a power sander.
- This bouncy rubber was surprisingly tough stuff.
- The bands are basically thick rubber tubing that is colour-coded to various levels of strength.
- Recently, a coworker told me that there is an alternative to conventional rubber latex that is not a synthetic product.
- Many of the ailments were caused by the ammonia that is added to rubber latex mixture to keep it liquid.
- Lifesavers have issued a stark safety warning after a family's frolics ended in the desperate rescue of a small child whose rubber dinghy was swept out to sea.
- When working with any finish, open windows and wear a respirator and latex or rubber gloves.
- I was shocked to see that it had rubber tires rather than steel wheels.
2British(eraser)goma (de borrar) feminineborrador masculineink/pencil rubber — goma / borrador de tinta/lápiz
- We'll have the usual sort of thing for children like baseball caps, pens, books, CDs, rubbers and pencils.
- Check you've got pen/pencil, ruler, rubber and any extra equipment such as a calculator, dictionary, or text that you are allowed.
- I caved in, bought a book, and even bought a pencil and a rubber.
- Ask the children to take two pencils (perhaps red and blue), a rubber, a pencil sharpener and a ruler from their pencil cases.
- They returned delighted, with pens, pencils, rubbers and badges - mementoes from the trip.
- You have to rummage around in it for ages trying to find a rubber or pencil sharpener.
- Each case has been filled with much needed resources for the children including pens, pencils, rubbers, rulers and pencil sharpeners.
- The organization is also also collecting pens, paper, rubbers, geometry sets, solar-powered calculators, rulers, felt tip pens and crayons which will be boxed up and sent to countries in eastern Europe.
- Suzie wore out 7 books of pencils and 36 rubbers correcting all the mistakes and making it readable.
- My son's pencil case contains a pencil, a ruler, pencil sharpener and a rubber.
USchanclos masculinegalochas feminine Southern Cone
4US slang(condom)globo masculine informalparacaídas masculine informalgoma feminine Spain informalforro masculine River Plate informal
- I think most guys would wear a rubber, but for some reason, guys get the opportunity to have sex when they least expect it, and therefore don't have protection with them.
- Didn't think I was gonna get lucky, so I didn't take any rubbers out with me, and I didn't have any change to get some when I did.
- A couple of beers and a few albums later, Jake asked if Mark had any rubbers.
- It'd be a good idea to back the rubbers up with some foam.
1(in bridge, whist)rubber masculine
- Five of the rubbers were 6-6 with Fulford taking the other four 7-5.
- They couldn't beat Jill Schofield and Viv Williamson but won five of the rubbers, top scorers for Poppleton being Kath Halliday and Hilary Spencer winning 22 games.
- Appleton Roebuck against Wheldrake in division three provided quality tennis worthy of a higher division, the first five rubbers being drawn.
- Riverside sealed the men's division two title with a 6-3 win at Rowntree, whose Phil Grant was injured in the opening rubber.
- In their first outing as a team they were successful over Bryon Bay winning seven rubbers to five.
- Bubwith rescued a point by winning the middle rubber 21-15.
- He captained Australia in the home series of 1924 / 5, winning the Ashes by 4 rubbers to 1, scoring 114 and 60 in the first Test at Sydney.
- Clifton were a pairing short due to illness and then had to concede a further three rubbers owing to an injury picked up in the opening game of the first rubber.
- In the opening contest of the night Lismore City narrowly defeated RSL six rubbers to five.
- Thursday's semi final will be a rubber match between the Warriors and second place Marauders.
- Four games in, the rubber was locked at 2-2 with Ashley looking to take the upper hand.
- Dave Hearn and Graeme Campbell took five wins from six rubbers for a two-match total of 177-90.
- Jean Jarem and Sandra Robinson were the only couple to win all their three rubbers, collecting 24 games.
- Clifton's match-winners were Mark Screeton and Stuart Robertson, who took all three rubbers in straight sets for a return of 90-35.
- Bubwith's Doug Smith and Shaun Pinchbeck did well to win a rubber and score 18.
- Cawood's unbeaten third pair, Richard and Robert Taylor, dropped only one game in the first rubber scoring 24 overall.
- Andy Jackson also performed well winning two singles rubbers for the Lismore team.
- Five of the rubbers were 6-6, but top scorers John Dougherty and Betty Bainton sealed victory with a final 9-3 win.
- Pocklington recorded their fifth win on the bounce in beating Heworth 68-40 in division five, but five of the nine rubbers were very close.
- Jill Norton and Heather Reynolds won all their rubbers to amass 27 games.
2Sportserie de partidos feminine