In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- St Joseph's High School will play host to cricket, netball, football and rugby league.
- In Australia, rugby league was a far more important sport than it was in the UK.
- Robinson is cutting a dash in the male dominated world of rugby league.
- Money raised from the raffle was to go towards the resurrection of professional rugby league in York
- Mr Solomon heard that Zak was a purple belt in karate and had medals for rugby league as well as being a formidable footballer.
- By contrast, the future of professional rugby league in the city looks grim.
- Selsa is always looking for young people aged between 13 and 16 to play rugby league.
- Playing rugby league when the weather's as nice as it has been can be a tough prospect if you're not prepared for it.
- There are enough fans of rugby league in the city of York to make the new club a success.
- The bid to resurrect professional rugby league in York is set to receive an official boost from City of York Council.
- A World Cup win in cricket or rugby league would probably have met with a similar response.
- We've got a vibrant club and the city is buzzing again with talk of rugby league.
- The tournament is designed to raise the profile of rugby league, while improving sport in schools.
- York Wasps could find themselves playing summer rugby league as part of a radical shake-up of the sport.
- He has used York's walk-in centre after suffering a wound playing rugby league.
- It is as though rugby league is a pioneer sport in a region that was once it's exclusive domain.
- I'm playing rugby league and boxing and have dispensed with the bike for the daily commute in favour of running.
- Mr Marson, whose cancer was diagnosed eight weeks ago, was a keen follower of football, rugby league and tennis.
- He said that he hoped to remain involved in shaping the future of Welsh rugby league.
- The latter had never played a game of rugby league before, his only experience being in the union code.
rugby que se juega con trece jugadores en cada equipo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.