In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuarto de juegos masculine
- Over the other side of the corridor there are two doors, one leading to a sunroom and the other, a rumpus room.
- There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth in smoke-filled rumpus rooms all over the world when the news spread earlier this year that vocalist Cotton Casino was parting ways with AMT.
- The former is an efficient enclosure clad in recycled hardwood, with bedrooms above a rumpus room, services and garage.
- Did you hear or see anything from this rumpus room?
- You find yourself inside a rumpus room, with some old video games, bumper pool, foosball, and some other things along those lines.
- No more the chance for illicit activities in the common room (and more than one such story has been relayed to me) - because the new room is small and less like a rumpus room than an antiseptic dentist's waiting room.
- Then this is my rumpus room on the second floor, where I have the foosball table, Ms. Pac-Man machine and posters from rallies.
- Gee, it might be fun to turn this into a rumpus room.
- I had previously planned on scanning this important news article and posting an image here as proof, but a fire just broke out in my rumpus room and burned the newspaper to cinders.
- Most noticeably, Xbox players get a four-player split screen mode so friends can race against each other in the rumpus room without going online.
- Even as teenagers, my girls spend hours sitting in the rumpus room going through the album of the photographs when they were little.
- If that sounds all too trendy-smarmy for you, then you've never been to King Henry VIII Pub (221 Eighth Ave. S.W.), styled after a British pub, but turning out more like a cross between the old National Hotel and your rumpus room.
- In the bedroom, a blue, quilted, cotton throw from Nest is cool and fresh and Freedom's spot rugs look great in the children's and rumpus room.
- They are fixtures in rumpus rooms and summer cottages from coast to coast.
- They collected circus-themed figures and costumes and artifacts, which they kept in the rumpus room of their otherwise totally normal-looking split-level ranch.
- There is a rumpus room and the living area is very spacious and has air-conditioning for your comfort.
- They both felt he was lucky the car hit the house - just a few feet to the left would have seen it crashing into his rumpus room or garage.
- The rumpus room generally addressed the back yard, and was not placed very far from the hub of the house - at that ‘food source’, the kitchen.
- Other ground floor accommodation consists of a bathroom, three bedrooms, two of which will become a library/computer room and a rumpus room when upstairs is complete.
- He could go left, he could go right, but his options were only the utility room, the laundry room, the downstairs bathroom, the storage room, and the adjoining rumpus room the kids called the ‘party’ room.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.