1.1masculine corredorfeminine corredoramasculine mensajerofeminine mensajeraI'm not a fast runner — no corro rápido
- As the number of marathon runners, tennis players and athletes increases, so does the importance of sport-specific training.
- For competitive marathon runners, this route is nevertheless considered a hard one.
- People are never too old to exercise. There is an excellent research paper on marathon runners over 80!
- All runners will collect a souvenir memento, with trophies for the first three in each of the categories in the 10 km race.
- At the outset I assumed I would end up with two sprinters, two milers and two long-distance runners.
- The runners are collecting sponsorship in time for the half-marathon next month.
- You can have great track, road and marathon runners all competing in the one race.
- But one place that trendy diet doesn't belong is in the lives of athletes, whether they be marathon runners or weekend warriors.
- More than 800 marathon runners from overseas flew into the province for this run.
- Normally super-fit people, say marathon runners, have an average heart rate of 65.
- Over 130 runners finished the full marathon held in conjunction with a half distance event in a small East Anglian town.
- The owners would send money or messages by means of a runner provided by their agent.
- I had a doctor who was, or at least looked like, a marathon runner.
- The runners, who collected taxes, delivered communications, and arrested and jailed criminals, belonged to a lower social class.
- Nearly 500 runners tackled the course, which involved around 7,000 feet of climbing, and 404 made it to the finish.
- Every year the number of runners in this popular marathon increases.
- My father, a marathon runner, taught me the basics of healthful eating.
- Sammy had even heard of one agent who made his runners pick cotton on his farm as part of their ‘training.’
- She swapped track for road, became a marathon runner, ran three marathons and won the lot.
- In the aftermath of the London marathon, many runners may be questioning whether their performance could have been improved by changing their pre-race diet.
- However, they had no phone lines between their main bases and had to rely on runners to keep in contact with each other.
- Jack was a runner; he used to go out every lunch time and even when he got ill he kept on with it for as long as he could.
- They had a couple of marathon runners, a boxer and a weightlifter.
- Imagine a marathon runner crossing the finish line and then being told he has to run an additional 10 miles - uphill.
- Only six of the 260 runners declared at the five-day entry stage to run on August 22 had confirmed riders.
- The limit for the race is 20 runners so some horses could face being balloted out later in the week.
1.4(in baseball)corredor masculinecorredora feminine
- However, a batsman who has opted for a runner cannot act as a runner for another batsman.
- However, he may bat with a runner and his contributions will be needed after Warwickshire struggled to 141 for 5.
1.5British informal (car)it's a good runner — es un buen coche
2.1(on sled)patín masculine
- After a few hours of this we stopped to put the metal guide pins down through the sledge runners a notch or two deeper, so as to give more effective grip on the ice surface.
2.2(for drawer)riel masculineguía feminine
- The floor was still that gold flecked marble, but it also had a deep red carpet runner down the center.
- Sliding down the hallway on a carpet runner, Scott came to a screeching halt beside his little sister and reached down to take her hand.
- Andrei fell in a heap on the carpet runner, screening in pain and clutching his knee.
3.1(on table)tapete masculine
3.2(carpet)feminine alfombrillacaminero masculine River Plate
- Trim up overhanging foliage from surrounding plants and simultaneously cut back any stray grass runners before they take root in adjacent beds.
- Finally, the pupils used six tubs to plant strawberry runners.
- Pegged-down strawberry runners may be lifted now, severed from the parent plant and planted out.
- Most warm-season grasses develop thatch, a spongelike layer of roots, runners, and grass blades just above the soil surface.
- They propagate easily; self-sowing and by underground runners, making this plant an easy keeper.
- It grows from seed, underground runners, or any teeny bit of root.
- Rent a power rake to cut through heavy thatch and runners of grasses such as Bermudagrass.
- Admittedly they're not very big strawberries, but they taste nice, and the proper strawberry plants only ever seem to grow runners.
- Herbs that spread by runners are good candidates because they can be contained in the pot.
- Leave about 1 inch of pot rim above the soil surface to help discourage the runners from climbing out over the top.
- Buttercups have creeping runners that root at intervals and are almost as difficult to dislodge as dock.
- This way, plants can concentrate all of their energy on producing strong roots and far-stretching runners.
- Where the plants were growing runners I pegged these down into potting compost with unbent paper clips and watered them.
5CanadianClothingzapatilla de deporte femininetenis masculine