In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1compañero de candidatura masculinecompañera de candidatura feminine(of presidential candidate) candidato a la vicepresidencia masculine(of presidential candidate) candidata a la vicepresidencia feminine
- His running mate as vice presidential candidate would also be announced.
- It is only the presidential candidates and their running mates that can submit complaints.
- He is considered one of the top candidates to be his running mate in the November election.
- Some also did more than their bit at the last election, bringing in running mates when more senior members of the party failed to do so.
- They chose one of the three presidential candidates and their running mates.
- He is his vice presidential running mate for the election in November.
- The committee has officially named two gubernatorial candidates with their respective running mates to contend the gubernatorial election.
- Joining us now two senators who may be on the short list of possible running mates for two presidential candidates.
- He is also the son of the vice-presidential running mate of a SEP presidential candidate.
- Is it really possible for a presidential candidate to select a running mate from a different party?
- Article 38 of the draft revision states that gubernatorial and regental candidates and their running mates are elected directly by the people.
- Starting six weeks before the election, you head toward November with the candidates, running mates, platform and tactics of your choosing.
- The presidential candidates and their running mates are using, of course, every tactic possible to win this election, even fear.
- The campaigns began with the five presidential candidates and their vice presidential running mates ceremoniously sending off a parade of election floats from Jakarta's National Monument.
- They privately admit he could conceivably bring in a running mate if a general election were called.
- In the art of presidential politics naming a running mate is greeted with great expectations.
- The commission said five other presidential candidates and their running mates had passed medical tests and other criteria.
- With huge support from the nation, she attempted to stand as her husband's vice-presidential running mate in the 1951 elections.
- Generally speaking, the presidential nominees from the parties choose at their party's conventions their vice presidential running mates.
- The running mate for the presidential candidate is also announced at the national convention.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.