In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Aviationpista de aterrizaje femininecancha de aterrizaje feminine Chilebefore noun runway lights — balizas de la pista de aterrizaje feminine
- Its first inbound flight was a light aircraft that circled the runway several times before coming into land.
- The Boeing 777 from Pakistan was taxiing along the runway after landing when the blaze started.
- Or if our strip of film showed an airplane running along a runway and taking off into the air, we would all be quite certain in which direction it was going.
- Just prior to ground contact align the airplane with the runway and land with the nose wheel close to the ground.
- Ifalpa wants airports constrained by space restrictions to be forced to install ‘arrester strips’ that slow down aircraft which have overshot runways.
- At first the airfield was a grass landing area and work had not even started on hard runways when the base was opened.
- Abandoning mixed mode, which means aircraft land on alternate runways, giving people in west London respite for a few hours in the afternoon, was not mentioned in the consultation.
- The aircraft made several turns and finally it touched the runway of the airport with a few screech from the ground.
- The EuroCeltic spokesman said he had spoken to the pilot and had been told that the aircraft aquaplaned along the runway before part of it tipped over into the sea.
- With the ground as hard as the runways nearby next to the Kintyre course, it seemed a risky strategy.
- The Deputy Transport Minister said he wanted an airport with a runway long enough to land bigger aircraft so tourist numbers could increase.
- The air vehicle can land on a regular runway, grassy strip or highway using arresting cables.
- The incident happened just as the airport saw the first large aircraft arrive and land on the main runway since 2001.
- The two-and-half hour delay to the opening of the second runway, along with problems de-icing aircraft prior to take-off, caused delays to almost all services.
- Lees landed on the runway at Coventry as two private aircraft, one bound for the United States and the other for Italy, were preparing to take off.
- Multi-leg landing gear and loading equipment ensure self-sufficient operation of the aircraft on prepared concrete runways and on unpaved strips.
- Mac is the star of a project designed to chase birds away from the runways and landing strips of South Africa's airports.
- As soon as the aircraft landed, crash crews strategically deployed along the main runway, raced behind the jet until it came to a stop at the end of the airfield.
- They can set up navigational aid equipment anywhere in the world to guide aircraft for landing on makeshift runways without the benefit of a tower or large communications system.
- Once the fighters had all landed the lengthy runways retracted into the ground and were replaced by another.
2US(for fashion models)pasarela feminine
- Here modern female allure, displayed on fashion runways or city streets, merged with a tribute to the timeless, womblike home.
- He and model of the moment Lilli strut down the runway to a chunky house bassline.
- Even the skinniest runway models aren't this skinny.
- Theirs is not a fashion-show erotic strut down the runway.
- There was then a Cover Girl Ad shoot after which a supremely confident girl was eliminated and then there was a runway show where the final two girls got to show their stuff and one came out on top.
- To be a world-class runway supermodel you have to know how to throw attitude and apparently in her case - telephones.
- She is sitting on one side of the runway in trademark sunglasses and a bodyguard-protected leather jacket.
- Kores isn't collaborating with a band; she's debuting seven complete outfits for the runway part of the show.
- Inspired by the runway approach to Old Hollywood glamour, dedicated-to-their-curl girls are taking their style to the streets.
- This week on America's Next Top Model, Camille finally took the runway walk of shame off the show.
- On the runway scene, walking, could you be a very good photo model and not a good runway model?
- New York's Fashion Week has nothing on the runway show at Hairball, the East Coast's largest annual hair design competition.
- Mostly I do photography because I am not tall enough to be a runway model, so I pose for magazines and calendars.
- The first cultural intermediary is the runway show.
- Highlight of this fund-raiser was the runway fashion show with doggie moms dressed by Tootsies and doggie dads clothed by M. Penner.
- Do you actually think his daughters would be plucked from the front row of an Armani runway show?
- Sitting on the edge of the stage the sister's talked for awhile, waiting for Angie to finish the shoots so they could do a quick runway rehearsal and then go home early.
- Next we learned our runway walk with Mr. Vy, a professional pageant coach.
- Then, there were the va-va-voom designer fashions from Tootsies shown in a dazzling runway display.
- Doing a runway collection is a full-time job, and I don't want to jump back in yet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.