In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1color rojizo masculine(hair/leaves) rojizo
- As the days grow shorter and cooler, plants take on new personas, ripening into warm gold, russet, and sepia tones.
- The trees were all shades of russet, gold, and jade.
- We're thinking we might be able to compromise on russet.
- I glanced out the window once again, and while it was not massive blob of russet, it still blended to beige.
- Nephrite and jadeite, the former in colours of white, yellow, russet and green were used in the making of unique little bottles.
- The tough rind, pale russet in colour, is very bitter, as is the covering of the three seeds.
- With its palette of cream and russet, the room couldn't have been more soothing, and the black-and-white photographs of local landmarks that adorned the walls were covetable.
- Every shade of auburn, russet and tan shone through and seemed to make him look almost angelic.
- They are grown for the beautiful colours of their foliage: lemony green, pink, plum, cerise, chocolate, russet and flame.
- Horsemen mount, to hasten their dawn-lit stock through a wood of russet and silver.
- It comes in a range of colours from russet to beige, and prices start at £895.
- The leaves of various deciduous trees will be forming carpets of gold and russet throughout the season.
- Central Park was dappled in red, russet, and gold.
- In the fall, look for the trees to turn russet, bronze, or deep red.
- It was early September and the bushes were a dazzling palette of scarlet, orange, russet, blue and green.
- I am not discussing the difference between russet and terracotta, any more.
- Autumn's colors are deep and rich - russet, crimson, burnt orange, gold, dark green, and the color of hay.
- Some perennials change their leaves to gold or russet in autumn, while others stay evergreen, thus making the garden enjoyable and adding interest in the fall and winter months.
- Kept clipped as a hedge, beech keeps its leaves year round - green in summer, turning to russet in autumn.
- The rising sun was behind her, still barely a glow over the horizon turning the streamers of clouds above it russet and gold.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.