In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(on metal)óxido masculineherrumbre feminineorín masculine
- A blackened heap of rust and iron, the old stove sat in the corner of the living room.
- You can remove the firebox covers and check inside the firebox for rust and scale deposits.
- The Juliana bases are constructed of a galvanized steel to resist rust and decay.
- Unfortunately the harsh upstate NY winters aren't kind to cars and rust took the Trans Am from us.
- His mediums include real rust, iron and aluminum powders, patinas, raw pigment and rich dyes.
- A big seller was stove black, used to cover up scrapes and rust on cast-iron furnaces.
- If you notice rust, remove it with a steel brush and steel wool.
- All steel used in the kitchen is rust free and must be imported.
- But don't use this technique at the car dealership or you'll end up with a thousand bucks' worth of rust coating.
- The presence of rust and corrosion indicates possible moisture invasion and a potential electrical hazard.
- Though rust and flaking paint may add patina, such pieces should be kept outdoors.
- Many of the works are, as usual, rich in flaking patches of rust, but, in a departure for the artist, several are also highly polished.
- It could, for example, be used on rails in rural areas, which often get coated with a film of rust when not used at weekends.
- Some of the pieces were raw iron spattered with rust from being left open to the elements.
- Although steel does run the risk of rust, many improvements in recent years by the steel industry have improved the quality of these trailers.
- The whole structure was over 100 years old and the walls were stained with yellowish rust.
- Its anti-oxidation, moisture-displacing agent protects against rust, pitting and corrosion.
- It has been my experience, and sometimes misfortune, that rubber grips attract and hold moisture underneath, promoting rust.
- He checked some large iron doors that were flaked with rust and finally found one that was unlocked.
- A local firm donated scrap metal for the tubular steel members which were sanded to remove rust and painted black.
1.2(color)de color orínde color óxidode color herrumbre
- Each leaf has started to emit the presence of the deeper shades of red, golden browns and rust, having been hidden for the summer thus far.
- Earthy tones such as rust, brown, beige, khaki, and tan are not only the coziest colors you can decorate your apartment in, but they're also in style right now.
- She's wearing a red jacket, pink blouse with gold broach, rust coloured dress and shoes, large camel coloured coat and brief case.
- Under that scale, brown is measured as dark grey, whereas shades of rust and buff are lighter grey.
- The turbulent gray and rust coloured swirls of gas are truly awesome.
- They quickly pass from pink to crimson to the rust colour we know well.
- Copper and cadmium yellow and rust and persimmon and vermillion - what a swoon of color.
- There are so many variations on red and brown and russet and gold and rust and orange and chestnut and tan… no wonder we have so many different names for colors!
- Her crimson locks burn in the sun as she frantically darts in and out of streets that are lined with crisp amber and rust coloured leaves.
- Organic and earthy colours dominate with burnt orange, rust, sky blue and many shades of green.
- The fabrics he used were predominantly tweeds and wools in countryside colours: moss green, rust brown and autumnal red.
- Lots of rust brown backgrounds with random objects strewn across it.
- Whether or not your opting for patterns, delve into colors like mauve, burgundy, yellow, rust, light blue, or even salmon.
- Corduroys come in shades of rust, sand, bottle-green, caramel and plum.
- The woods of rural Ohio are bursting with autumnal hues of rust.
- Melissa Greene was working with cream, green and rust coloured material and she thinks that school is fun.
- It was hot, there was a warm gentle breeze and the ground was a deep rust red.
- Watch your use of pink, yellow, peach, rust, purple, violet or gold.
- The surrounding land is mostly chalk white, splotched with yellow, rust and grey.
- Or how about cracking open a crab and stuffing its white and rust coloured meat into a baguette with watercress, mustard and cress and lamb lettuce and dressed with lime juice.
- The cool wet weather has slowed disease spread, as well as spraying activity, with yellow rust making little progress.
- Common rust is present at levels you only see every five years in a wide swath of east and central Nebraska.
- Many rust diseases are very specialized and have just one or two hosts.
- Stripe rust and leaf rust continue to develop in the southern plains.
- Leaf rust and stem rust can be serious problems in irrigated winter wheat.
1(metal/lock/vehicle) oxidarse(vehicle/lock/metal) herrumbrarse
1(metal/lock/vehicle) oxidar(vehicle/metal/lock) herrumbrar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.