In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Postmodern reinvention, including Rambo as Egypt's Pharaoh, could be seen as irreverent, even sacrilegious.
- Everything I do seems meaningless, sacrilegious, profane.
- It was at once the most sacrilegious and yet mystic moment many of them had ever experienced.
- This seems to me a mistake, as Balthus shared nothing of the Surrealists' irreverent, even sacrilegious tendencies.
- It must be considered sacrilegious for a Raider fan not to wear a black shirt.
- It felt sacrilegious, but as with all sacrilegious acts, you adapt.
- I suspect that it is probably sacrilegious or even blasphemous to suggest such a thing.
- Is spreading the Dhamma electronically sacrilegious?
- More Jews have hit out at the controversial scheme, branding it sacrilegious and profane.
- He meant, I imagined, that they were sacrilegious infidels.
- It is unlawful to prohibit immoral or sacrilegious films in a public school.
- If I felt like jumping on the bandwagon, I could discuss how both of these films are abominations to the Christmas holiday and just plain sacrilegious.
- It shouldn't take such an enormous grassroots effort to prevent sacrilegious exploitation of holy places.
- Making fun of such sacrilegious music would have been deemed a profanity, but then Spinal Tap changed all that - thank God.
- Now, I don't want to sound sacrilegious here, but we considered you the ‘high priests’ of our programs.
- However, the sacrilegious acts received little coverage in the West, particularly in the United States.
- What about politicians who make sacrilegious communions?
- Undoubtedly some people will find my venture sacrilegious.
- This would be seen as highly sacrilegious by many Muslims.
- In the U.S., the frequency with which religious groups have waged campaigns over supposedly sacrilegious paintings is starting to get tiring.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.