In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Vestments and church furnishings were thrown about in the sacristy, and attempts were made to force open the safe.
- We discussed the service as I vested, then waited in the sacristy for the sound of feet on the chapel floor.
- Those who may wish to join the choir are more than welcome and can still do so by calling into the church sacristy or contacting any of the parish priests.
- I wanted to talk to somebody about God, and sometimes I'd imagine meeting with the priest in his dark office beyond the sacristy.
- A meeting to commence a branch of the Legion of Mary in the area took place in the sacristy in Kilglass Church on Wednesday night last.
- Fr. Dillon PP was thanked for allowing the branch to use the Church sacristy for meetings.
- ‘It's not your fault,’ I said as two altar servers crossed the tile and a priest slid out from the sacristy.
- Gerard Byrne said the men forced their way in at the back of the church, breaking through two doors to get into the sacristy.
- An introductory meeting will be held in the sacristy of the Parish Church, tonight Tuesday 1st October at 8.00 pm, and all are welcome.
- Three youths were seen in the sacristy area of the church around that time.
- To the right, a stair leads up to the choir gallery over the sacristy and priest's office.
- A meeting of the local Pioneer Council will take place tomorrow night Wednesday 22nd January at 8.30 pm in the sacristy of the Parish Church.
- The sacristians Sr. Cecelia and Sr were in the sacristy to see all was in order, vestments laid out, candles lit, cruets filled with water and wine.
- Envelopes are also available from the church sacristy.
- He is first documented in Toledo in 1577, at work on the Disrobing of Christ, a large canvas for the sacristy of its cathedral.
- He would come up behind them as they hung their vestments in the sacristy closet.
- Registration forms for persons who have recently come to live in the parish are available in the sacristies of both churches after Masses.
- In the sacristy to Prague Cathedral, Peter Parler had used a similar technique.
- The new improvements which will be built at the sacristy side of the church will also include ladies and gents toilets.
- For example, engineers needed to know the weak points of the sacristy in order to design a support structure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.