In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These sit in between your hip bones and the sacrum bone in your lower back.
- The nurse performs a sterile skin prep extending from the patient's lower back area to his or her sacrum and perineum using povidone iodine scrub and paint.
- An abdominal film showed multiple vertebral anomalies in the sacrum.
- New Attitude - black nylon and spandex ‘underwear’ - has an adjustable pad that presses firmly against the sacrum, a bone in the pelvic area.
- Go ahead and lay supine and see if you can get your cervical vertebrae and sacrum on the ball simultaneously, with your femur parallel to the floor.
- In 68% of individuals studied, the division occurs between the fifth lumbar vertebra and the upper border of the sacrum.
- Compression fractures can occur anywhere from the occiput to the sacrum.
- Giant cell tumor of bone is a rare neoplasm usually seen in the long bones or sacrum.
- The vertebral body becomes larger toward the sacrum where more weight is carried.
- The sacrum, coccyx, and the two coxal bones form the pelvis.
- His major complaint was lumbar pain near the sacrum and tailbone.
- At the bottom of the spine is a large, solid bone called the sacrum.
- Vesalius said that the human sacrum normally has five vertebrae but one of six is by no means rare.
- People who have an aligned sacrum (where the spine meets the pelvis) can keep their legs perpendicular to the floor when they bend, but I couldn't.
- In other tetrapods, haemal arches do not begin for several vertebrae posterior to the sacrum.
- X rays may show inflammation where the sacrum meets the pelvis.
- The spinal column is composed of seven cervical vertebrae, twelve thoracic vertebrae, five lumbar vertebrae, the bony sacrum, and the coccyx.
- He said the dreaded Bermuda triangle, an area from the sacrum down the buttocks cheeks, over the anus, is no longer the danger zone it was thought to be in the 1980s.
- The lowest lumbar vertebra articulates with the sacrum, and this in turn with the coccyx.
- A small surgical opening is made over the sacrum and a lead is placed near the sacral nerve that influences bladder control.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.