In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1safari masculineto be/go on safari — estar/ir de safari
- Hence wildlife became an asset as villagers in communal areas profited from hunting and photo safaris.
- It is a beautiful park, and offers canoeing and walking safaris; it is well worth a visit.
- He seemed in a dream as he recounted the trips that he had taken to the Inca ruins in Peru, to Nepal, hidden in the Himalayas, the Pharaonic ruins in Egypt and the safaris in East Africa.
- Most businesses which provide accommodation also offer guided tours, excursions, safaris, and personal hunting assistance.
- From safaris to ski tours to revegetation projects, Sierra Club Outings has a trip for you.
- Beneath the trees, the vegetation is sparse - an ideal habitat for walking safaris.
- Aside from numerous scuba diving opportunities, camel expeditions, jeep safaris, and mountain treks, silk route boat trips are available.
- The usual day trips to water parks, cruises and jeep safaris are available through private booking or holiday reps.
- The topography is agreeable to hiking and walking safaris are allowed.
- These walking safaris are close to the camps and one tented camp allows longer walking adventures in the endless woodlands and plains habitat.
- The endangered Arabian oryx has been reintroduced to the fenced park here, and a team of rangers takes guests on dawn nature walks, horse-riding safaris and sunset camel rides.
- One of the unique attractions of the park is that walking safaris are allowed and you can get off your vehicle for a nature walk.
- Those heading to Africa this month for the cool fall season, when darting is the least taxing to the animals, can choose from a plethora of safaris.
- Over centuries they were hunted to the brink of extinction in the big game safaris of southern Africa.
- The NCAA's motivation for promoting walking safaris is primarily an ecological one.
- You can easily combine your sport with a winter-sun holiday full of sightseeing and safaris.
- Tourists are now limited to photographic rather than hunting safaris.
- We were going on a night safari, to seek out those animals that stay hidden during the day.
- Tourists visit Mayan ruins, take jungle safaris, and explore a long barrier reef.
- They are a mainstay attraction for guided tours and safaris.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.