In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cadena de seguridad feminine
- Install a magic-eye and safety chains on doors.
- The couple's grandson Michael, 22, who lives with them but was at work when the villains struck at about 3.45 pm last Friday, has now installed a safety chain and new locks because the door keys were in the purse.
- June heard dull footsteps from inside and then the safety chain rattle.
- I think you're taking this a little too far, I mean locking me out with the safety chain?
- The Derrybeg Community Watch Group is to install smoke alarms, safety chains and spy-holes for the elderly people living in the estate.
- Her indecision replaced by purpose, Libby cracked the door open to the allowed gap by the safety chain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.