1Botany Cookingsalvia feminine
- And, the culinary herb, sage, that you use in the kitchen is often enough to put a damper on hot flashes.
- Cover a berm with low-growing aromatic herbs such as basil, prostrate rosemary, sage, and lemon and lime thyme.
- Topical oils or hair products containing eucalyptus and sage will help heal a head that's been damaged by overprocessing.
- Attract hummingbirds by planting Mexican bush sage, pineapple sage, and beebalm.
- Perhaps it's because it isn't a classic culinary herb like basil or sage, or maybe because its medicinal values are limited.
- In a sunny window, try oregano, rosemary, sage, sweet marjoram, and thyme.
- Herbs like borage, sage and hyssop are excellent food sources for these beneficial insects, so they could be planted in the flower borders to prevent pests like greenfly from damaging other plants in the border.
- Vivid pink roses lead the eye through the border, while butterfly bush, Mexican sage, and penstemon add bursts of soft purple blooms here and there.
- You also can plant lavender, oregano, thyme, rosemary and sage.
- Wood sage will do well in full sun or light shade.
- Good choices to plant now are basil, chives, cilantro, oregano, parsley rosemary, sage, and thyme.
- Not only are they aromatic and in season most of the year, but there is nothing better than having fresh thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, coriander and chives at your fingertips.
- For instance, you could always grab some white sage and burn it in each room, paying particular attention to doors, windows and any corners where ‘spirits’ might hang out.
- One of my friends, who was some-part Cherokee, told me the Native Americans use white sage to purify themselves and their homes of any negative spirits.
- I use thyme, sage, rosemary, chives, basil, dill, sorrel, salad burnet, chervil, oregano and mint as well as parsley.
- The talks sitting by the pool, lying on a Mexican blanket in front of the candle altar, burning white sage in an abalone shell for hours all reiterated the feeling that I was home.
- She was told that lavender and culinary sage wouldn't grow here.
- The best culinary sage is native to southern Europe.
- This area is lightly vegetated with juniper, pine, sage, and grasses.
- Herb de Provence is a mixture of herbs, often including thyme, rosemary, tarragon, chervil, sage, marjoram, basil and fennel seed.
- The mountain tops are wild, but the valley bottom is filled with cottonwood trees, purple sage and wild geranium, and riverside paths meander away to waterfalls and pools.
- Mediterranean herbs such as sage (salvia officianalis) are hardy and tasty plants.
- Thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage, basil and coriander all contain high levels of phyto-chemicals, which can help ward off heart disease and cancers.
- He rode horseback through rolling hills of silver sage.
- Thyme, sage, rosemary, oregano are all found here.
- Other culinary herbs, like sage, rosemary and thyme, are native to Mediterranean regions where the air is rather temperate and dry.
- Sheri's houseplants go for about $5 each, while her herbs like oregano, sage and thyme are $4.
- In our southern California garden Mexican sage thrives so well that we bind it with twine so it grows up where the hummingbirds get to it easier.
- The tepees, the yoga kiva, the pre-massage ritual of burning sage to ward off evil spirits - are all nods to an ancient way of life.
- At some sweat lodges sage and cedar are thought to purify the space, while tobacco leaves bless the earth.
- The most common shrubs are creosote bush, ocotillo, and bur sage.
- Cleveland and white sage, creosote bush and brittlebush, pine and redwood, for instance, are filled with resins and release their scents on warm afternoons.
- Mexican bush sage grows 3 to 4 feet tall and bears velvety purple flower spikes from early- or midsummer into winter, or until a cold snap shuts them down.
- There is nothing better than having fresh herbs on hand for cooking and marjoram, thyme, sage, chives, rosemary, parsley and basil will all thrive on a windowsill.
- Plants deer especially dislike include catmint, chives, lavender, sage, spearmint, thyme and yarrow-all useful and easy to grow in this area.
- And over there is some Creosote Bush, Shadscale, Big Sagebrush, Bladder sage, and Blackbush.
- We've got hawthorn, gingko, elder, mullein, lavender, sage, thyme, echinacea, borage, yarrow and plenty of pine trees.
2also sage green(color)verde salvia masculine
1(wise man)sabio masculine
- According to legend, all the sages once gathered in the Himalayas.
- But they forget the kind of tapas, intense spiritual disciplines, which were done by those ancient sages.
- Ancient tribal leaders and sages of the day sought to find answers.
- Kashmir was a holy land for us, where our yogis and sages prayed and meditated and many of our Hindu people went on pilgrimages.
- Like ancient sages, the pundits pore over the details of Gordon Brown's speech and the related Budget documents as if they were holy texts.
- Actually, mythology was only set up by ancient sages to help explain the very complicated Hindu philosophy in an unphilosophical way.
- His insistence on winning through non-violence is no less a feat than the great feats of the sages of ancient India.
- One of our ancient sages was so blown away by the concept that he declared charity to be equal in importance to all the other commandments combined.
- Rulers, in his view, should be subject to higher laws, devised by the ancient sages Confucius and Mencius and administered by learned mandarins.
- Right from ancient times, sages and seers have been preaching that money alone should not be the aim in life, for it could never bring contentment.
- The sages who advise the party leader on these matters are turning their attention to his deputy.
- When calling on the Gurukkal, don't expect to meet a venerable sage with wrinkles to testify the years of experience he had in life.
- Well, many sages and wise men over the years have recommended the mountain top.
- According to ancient legends, 90 million sages lived, worshiped and meditated at this place.
- As a young materialist it mattered to me that we too have our ancient texts, our saints and sages, wise men and good news.
- Just as the ancient sages can't be blamed for the ideology of the Sangh Parivar, the actions of these so-called leaders cannot be traced to the Sikh values.
- Sen Tetsu So Dan: the first two characters mean a great thinker, a wise man, a sage in ancient times, while the third means a group, or a collection.
- The wisdom of great sages of antiquity comes to us mainly through the aural tradition, and so has almost certainly suffered distortion through intermediaries.
- It has its source in the experience handed down by the sages of ancient China, followers of Taoism philosophy.
- I want children to grow up under the influence of the wisdom of the ancient sages.