In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Lunch was delayed until 3 pm when the boat reached Port Adventure because conditions while sailing were too rough for serving the meal.
- This is not just about hotels and transport, you will be able to book a round of golf too or sailing lessons.
- She recognised that it was their financial support and Andrew's enthusiasm for the sport of ocean sailing that enabled her team to break four world sailing records in 2002.
- Dingy sailing is well underway at the club as new sailors complete their training courses and join in the fun.
- It would also be prominent in the GP14 class as it has the largest fleet of such sailing craft in Ireland, with 35 boats.
- The air was thick with the smell of the ocean, sailors beginning to untie their ships for mornings of sailing and fishing.
- It owns a fishery and fishing lakes, water skiing, sailing lakes, golf, tennis and a health and fitness club.
- He was a passionate about sailing and frequently organized sailing events with exclusive yacht clubs.
- The sea was now full of big sailing dinghies but not our dive boat.
- More than 8,000 crew are participating in the world's biggest international sailing regatta.
- During the summer months he was a windsurfing and sailing instructor in Greece.
- The full one-way journey would take 43 hours of sailing and the best part of a leisurely fortnight.
- Every July, Ullswater Yacht Club plays host to one of the biggest inland sailing events in the country.
2Sportvela feminineyachting masculinenavegación a vela femininesailing is an expensive hobby — la vela es una afición cara
- to take up sailing — empezar a practicar la vela
3(departure)salida feminine(time/date) (before noun) de salidais there another sailing this week? — ¿va a salir otro barco esta semana?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.